New Elk Mine is seeking a qualified professional for the position of Community Relations Liaison for our Colorado operation. This person would be responsible for New Elk’s community engagement activities in Las Animas County, as well as to support some communications functions, including the website and social media.
Job Type: Full-time, one-year (12 month) contract position, starting immediately.
- Act as the first point of contact for all community inquiries, managing information requests
- Monitor, identify and recommend opportunities for community involvement from New Elk
- Attend and participate in community events as a New Elk representative
- Manage and respond to community investment requests as well as provide recommendations to the senior team for approval
- Provide support to the New Elk team on their outreach efforts and activities
- Monitor for emerging issues that may impact the mine or company
- Update and manage content for the website
- Develop a social media calendar, develop content, including simple graphics and visuals, identify content to share, post social media content, moderate account
- Coordinate ad buys and content creation
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and familiarity with Las Animas County, ideally with established relationships within the community
- Strong communication skills - oral and written
- Understanding of principles of community relations, engagement, and corporate communications
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms, including digital advertising
- Experience engaging with community members and stakeholders on behalf of an organization or project
- Experience and knowledge of resource development, including mining, is an asset
- 3-4 years of experience working in communications, community or stakeholder relations positions
- Degree or diploma in communications, journalism, public relations, public affairs, or equivalent training
Applicants should respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Company:
Located in Las Animas County outside of Trinidad, Colorado, the New Elk Mine is a metallurgical coal (used to make steel) mine, focused on export to global markets. The mine is fully permitted for production and is scheduled for start-up on Spring 2021. New Elk is an Allegiance Coal company.